Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
BSI Store Fixtures
Business Surplus Inc.
204 Hartford Ave.
Providence, RI 02909
For directions to our store go to the “Contact Us” page and scroll to the bottom.
What are your hours?
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST
Saturday 10:00am-2:00pm EST September thru June (Closed on Saturdays in July and August)
Closed on Sunday
How can we contact you?
What are your terms and conditions?
- Most items are available for direct pickup from our store in Providence. Local delivery by our trucks is also available. Call, email or visit our showroom during our business hours for details.
- We ship UPS for packages up to the allowed limit. On-Line orders placed before 4 PM EST Monday - Friday will be shipped the same day. Orders placed after 4 PM EST weekdays and during the weekend will be shipped on the next business day.
- Items above UPS limits will be shipped via common carrier. Please call or email for a shipping quote for all items/orders that exceed UPS limits. This is indicated by “Call for Shipping” in the item description. Items/orders to be shipped via common carrier will not be processed until customer accepts shipping quote and order is paid in full.
- We reserve the right to select method of shipment.
Pricing and Inventory
- Pricing is subject to change without notice. We make every effort to keep the pricing as accurate as possible and reserve the right to correct any error in description or price.
- We do not guarantee that items are in-stock. If any part of your order is out of stock we will contact you within 48 hours.
- All orders are subject to any tax that may be imposed by state or federal law.
- All orders shipped to RI will pay RI state tax of 7%
- All orders shipped to MA will pay MA state tax of 6.25%
- All orders shipped to CT will pay CT state tax of 6.35%
Special Orders and Non-Inventory Items
- If you are interested in making a special order or purchasing a non-inventory item, give us a call or stop by during our business hours to speak with one of our friendly customer service people.
- Defective new merchandise may be returned for replacement within 10 days of purchase. Please call for authorization.
- Returns must be made in their original condition.
- A copy of your receipt required at the time of the return.
- Used/surplus items are non-returnable.
What if I receive damaged goods?
- For damaged UPS deliveries call UPS at 1-800-742-5877 immediately to report damage. A UPS representative will contact you and make arrangements to resolve the damage.
- Common carrier damage that is visible must be noted on your copy and the driver's copy of the freight bill and the driver must sign both copies.
- File a claim directly with the freight company within 5 days.
- If concealed damage is found, keep the carton and call the carrier immediately for an inspection report. We cannot file the claim, but we will assist you if you need help.
What methods of payment are accepted?
- In-Store Purchases: Cash, Checks (with appropriate ID) and all Major Credit Cards
- On-line Purchases: Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover
What is your website security?
- Our website is hosted on a secure server.
- Each credit card transaction is encrypted with GeoTrust - 1024 bit RSA encryption to ensure protection and privacy.
- We do not share, sell, rent or loan customer information to third parties.